Collection of Information
Raymond International College accepts and is committed to its obligations under the Privacy Act 1998 (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector Act 2000 and its associated 10 National Privacy Principles). Raymond International College takes the privacy of our participants very seriously and we will comply with all legislative requirements. Collection of information is fair, lawful, unobtrusive and necessary for the organisational functions. Raymond International College advises clients, staff and trainers of the purpose for collecting information, how it is used and how they can gain access to their personal information held by Raymond International College.
Information will be collected from clients and / or participants for enrolment purposes. Assessment records are kept as required. Personal and professional information is collected from staff and trainers to enable Raymond International College to assess the professional standards of staff and trainers. Raymond International College will collect and store personal information which is required for the purpose of delivering training and assessment services and for issuing nationally accredited qualifications.
As required by law and our regulatory bodies, Raymond International College may need to make participants information available to others, such as the Australian Government, States, and Territory. When completing an Enrolment Form, participants give their permission to disclose their personal information to these bodies.
Raymond International College will take all steps to ensure accuracy and completeness of personal information and will update any changes or correct personal information at the written request of an individual. Raymond International College will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information held, be it stored in electronic or hard copy form. All personal information is stored in-house or archived in secure storage. Raymond International College will ensure the safeguarding of any confidential information obtained regarding participants and staff.
In connection with providing our services we need to collect personal and sensitive information. The reason is to enable us to:
- Identify and manage our relationships with students;
- Maintain quality course and assessment development;
- Ensure quality business planning;
- Market of our services appropriately;
- Distribute information about various opportunities to our students; and
- To meet Wall Street College obligations to state and federal government bodies We will obtain, only by lawful means, personal information by:
- Interviews, assessments, and training sessions with students;
- Resumes, references, and additional information student’s provide the company;
- Former employers, educational institutions, and professional and/or regulatory bodies;
- Workplace complaints received about students involved in on-the job training; and
- Workplace accidents in which students in on-the job training are involved.
- If the information we seek is not provided we may not be able to fully assist with the application.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Raymond International College will provide participant information to training staff or consultants on a need-to-know basis only. Raymond International College only uses information collected for the expressed purpose for which it was collected, unless prior consent is obtained from the person. Raymond International College does not use personal details (specifically photographs or names) in direct marketing without obtaining prior expressed permission from the person concerned. Raymond International College may use personal details to advise clients or participants of forthcoming events and training courses, for direct marketing and research purposes, however only where individuals have provided their consent to receiving such information.
We will only use this information for:
- The main purpose of our business;
- Development of our products and services;
- Other purposes where you would reasonably expect us to use this information;
- Where written consent is given by you to it being used for another purpose; and
- When required to do so by law.
In order to fulfill the above we may release your personal information to third parties whom we have a business relationship with, such as:
- Potential employers;
- Actual employers;
- Where we have a legal obligation to provide such information to specific groups.
In the event of your illness or injury, we may use or disclose your health information to any medical or first aid provider for the purposes of administering assistance to you. We may also disclose such information for any other purpose if it relates to the safe conduct of the workplace.
Accessing and Correcting our Information
You can access the personal information that we have about you. We endeavor to ensure all of our information about you is accurate and current, but if you identify some inaccuracies and inform us we will take appropriate steps to correct the information. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing this information to you.
Storage and Disposal of Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We destroy unused personal identifiable information via a secure manner.